Rather than focus solely on theological concerns, this well-rounded introduction takes an expansive view of Islamic ideology, culture, and tradition, sourcing a range of historical, sociological, and literary perspectives. Neither overly critical nor apologetic, this book reflects the rich diversity of Muslim identities across the centuries and counters the unflattering, superficial portrayals of ...
Paperback: 328 pages
Publisher: Columbia University Press (April 9, 2013)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 1664735
Format: PDF ePub djvu ebook
reviews: The author holds the Philip S. Bernstein Chair of Jewish Studies in the Department of Religion and Classics at the University of Rochester. He's a religion scholar with a Ph.D. from Indiana University-Bloomington. He's published a couple of previous ...
- Muslim Identities: An Introduction to Islam pdf
- Download Muslim Identities: An Introduction to Islam epub
- Muslim Identities: An Introduction to Islam txt
- 978-0231161473 pdf
- Download Aaron Hughes epub
- Download Aaron Hughes ebooks
- Download Religion and Spirituality epub books